The “Website” includes, without limitation, the World GO Day website (www.worldgoday.org), sub-websites, and any online platforms used by ESGO which could require your personal data.
ESGO respects your privacy and is committed to protecting the confidentiality of your personal information. This policy explains how ESGO collects and uses site visitor information, and how it protects your privacy.
This policy applies to personal information held about individuals. It does not apply to information ESGO holds about companies and other organizations. It is in addition to any specific policies concerning specific products or services. It does not supersede the ESGO terms and conditions, which govern the use of the World GO Day Website.
ESGO is the sole owner of the Website and as such is the sole owner of any information collected through the Website.
ESGO is committed to the following standards, on a commercially reasonable basis:
- To collect and use only the minimum information necessary for us to deliver high quality service to users and to inform you of ESGO awareness activities,
- To protect the information our visitors share with us, maintaining strong standards of security and confidentiality,
- To guarantee individual’s rights to access collected personal data as set in the European Data Protection Rule,
- To require any other organization that we retain or engage to provide support services to us to conform to our privacy standards, and
- To keep visitor files, if any, complete, up to date, and accurate.
ESGO does not collect your personal information such as phone number, e-mail address, name surname, etc. through the www.worldgoday.org website.
How ESGO collects personal information
ESGO is a professional association which combines a wide range of activities in the field of gynecological oncology, including
- Collection and dissemination of scientific information
- Provision of Educational Products and Services
The sources of personal information received by ESGO are:
- Third parties acting on behalf of individuals (eg. an agent or secretary arranging registration for an ESGO organized meeting or event; the submission of abstracts for events by third parties, etc.)
- Third parties which are provides digital advertising services such as Google, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
ESGO may collect personal information in the following ways:
- When you, or someone on your behalf, submits proposals or content in connection with scientific sessions at an ESGO organized meeting or event (eg Abstract submission)
- When you enter personal details on a form applying to become an ESGO member or to apply for affiliate membership through an affiliate Society
- When you subscribe to an ESGO newsletter or other electronic communication
- When you participate in a survey, questionnaire or such
What personal information is collected by ESGO
Mandatory Personal Information
As a general rule, to enable ESGO to correctly identify you, to provide you with the products and services you have requested and to communicate with you, the following minimum information must be provided in order for your order, request, application, etc. to be processed:
- First Name(s)
- Last Name(s)
- Full Postal Address (institution)
- Email address
- Birth date
Optional Personal Information
Other personal information may be requested to help identification (eg nationality by country, etc.) or to enable ESGO to understand your profile so you can be provided with better and more appropriate products and services (eg Professional Interests and Areas of Interest).
Data from surveys and questionnaires
ESGO conducts a number of surveys or questionnaires every year whereby we collect data from volunteer respondents about a certain number of topics that are of interest to us as a society or to the practice of gynecological oncology. The respondent data remains completely anonymous, unless the respondents specifically choose to share their contact data. Upon completion of the survey or questionnaire, to ensure confidentiality, information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) to the survey tool platform. Data entered are stored on the survey tool server, which is accessible through a dedicated ESGO account only. When exported, data are stored on ESGO’s internal server. To ensure the complete anonymity of all respondents, all data collected are kept confidential and no individual respondent’s answers will be disclosed at any time by ESGO.
How ESGO uses personal information
Personal information is needed by ESGO to enable it to properly show you contents about gynecologic cancers through different channels such as Google, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc. These datas are used to enable ESGO to fulfil its role in providing a wide range of services to its members and contributors.
The personal information, which you supply may be specifically used to:
- Enable ESGO to provide you with the products or services you request
- Enable ESGO to communicate with you about specific matters regarding your transaction, eg. Registration for a meeting or event, abstract submission, grading, membership etc.
- Enable ESGO to send you information about ESGO activities
Listed below are some of the security procedures that ESGO uses to protect your privacy:
- A personal username and a password required in order for users to access their personal data
- Uses firewalls to protect information held in our servers.
- Closely monitors the limited number of ESGO employees who have access to your data
- Requires all ESGO employees to abide our Data Protection Policy and be subject to disciplinary action if they violate it.
- Backs-up our systems to protect the integrity of your data.
ESGO respects the privacy of personal email addresses and complies with the current legislation on email communication (according to the Swiss Data Protection Act, the Tele Service Data Protection Act and the European Data Protection Rule). ESGO will not send you unsolicited email messages and will not contact you on behalf of third parties without your consent.
You may receive emails concerning:
- Products and services similar to those you have already received from ESGO
- If you are an ESGO Member, you will receive email newsletters as part of your membership benefits – you may opt out from these newsletters at any time
- Transactional messages linked to the following (non-exhaustive) list of transactions: your registration for an event, submission of abstracts, application for grants or fellowships, membership dues, etc.
All mailings sent to you offer the possibility to unsubscribe.
Disclosure of information and marketing
ESGO complies with Swiss and EC directives (Switzerland and the Swiss data protection legislation are both recognized to be compliant with General Data Protection regulation 2016/679) and takes all reasonable care to prevent any unauthorized access to your personal data. ESGO staff and contractors have a responsibility to keep your information confidential.
ESGO may supply your information to its contractors to perform specific services.
ESGO uses contractors in these cases:
- for management of the association and its products and services
- for participants registration to World Gynecologic Oncology Day events
Otherwise, ESGO does not disclose personal information to any other person or organization without your consent.
Right of access to your ESGO information
If you would like to know exactly what personal information ESGO holds about you, you are entitled to obtain it. If it transpires that the information is inaccurate, or you wish to oppose its use in future, ESGO will make the necessary amendments and confirm that these have been made.
Please contact ESGO by email at email@example.com
To protect your information, ESGO uses an industry standard security protocol called Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) to encrypt the transmission of sensitive information between you and our website.
SSL is used, for example, when you make a credit card payment. To know if transmissions are encrypted, look for the lock on your web browser or check that the URL starts with https://.
Cookies are small text files that can be used by websites to make a user’s experience more efficient.
The law states that we can store cookies on your device if they are strictly necessary for the operation of this site. For all other types of cookies we need your permission.
This site uses different types of cookies. Some cookies are placed by third party services that appear on our pages.
You can at any time change or withdraw your consent from the Cookie Declaration on our website.
Your consent applies to the following domains: engage.esgo.org
Your current state: Allow all cookies (Necessary, Preferences, Statistics, Marketing).
Change your consent | Withdraw your consent
Cookie declaration last updated on 11/09/2019 by Cookiebot:
Necessary cookies help make a website usable by enabling basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. The website cannot function properly without these cookies.